Saturday, October 1, 2011

Frozen Yogurt

I've found a new obsession and it is self-serve frozen yogurt. It was the first or second week of school when Erin showed me Yo2Go in Urbandale. It was great-there were a few varieties of flavors and lots of toppings that you put on yourself. Then you weigh it and pay based on the weight. It was really good and we went at least once a week since that first time.

I then found out about another frozen yogurt place in Ames called Orange Leaf. My mom and I tried it out a couple of weeks ago. They have a ton more flavors-I tried red velvet and wedding cake. They were both really good and all the fruit toppings were really fresh. Also the building is really cool and very modern. I prefer it to yo2go.

On Friday night after the Fall Kill Exchange Nikki, Nikki, Sarah, Erin, Michelle, Jessica, and myself decided to try out a new to us frozen yogurt place in Ankeny called Lemon Tree. We took the van and headed there. I got peanut butter and cupcake flavors with some random chocolate toppings. It was also really good. I liked their variety of flavors. I do still think that orange leaf is my favorite so far.

Then today after the sad ISU game Michelle and I went to Orange Leaf today in Ames. As we were looking up the hours to see if they were still open after the game we discovered that there's one in West Des Moines that I'll definitely have to check out. Today I got a bunch of different flavors: peanut butter, white chocolate, red velvet, and wedding cake. I really liked the peanut butter-it tasted way more like peanut butter than lemon tree did. The wedding cake though I didn't like as much this time. It pretty much just tasted like frosting, which I was not really a fun of. Overall though the froyo was really good and I do think that it's my favorite place of froyo.

Here are some of the pictures of our wonderful trip to get froyo at lemon tree.













 

1 comment:

  1. i just lol'd at all of these pictures. they're hilar. LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete