Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer So Far

I'll now catch you up on what I've been doing so far this summer:


  • I've mainly been working at the pharmacy and public health. I work 3 days a week and the other 2 I usually hang out (which my mom doesn't enjoy)
  • I've spent some time trying some recipes from pintrest. I made both smores cookies and strawberry nutella poptarts. Both tasted good and turned out very similarly to the recipe. I also crafted some graduation gifts for my roommates and mailed them off so hopefully the enjoyed them.


  • Memorial day weekend I went to the DSM area with my family camping. 
    • On Friday night I met up with Erin who was in town and we went to the mall and then ate at Chipotle. It was great to catch up with her and learn about her new job. Then I went to the Saylorville campground. 
    • Saturday morning the girls went to the Farmer's market. I got a pupusa and dutch letters and looked around. Saw a few people that I knew and said hi.
    • The boys then went to a farm to shoot some guns and so my mom, Carina, and I came along for a bit and watched then did a little shopping.
    • We then had family pictures taken. It's been about 8 years since we've had any done so it was about time. We took them at Saylorville. I've just seen a little preview on facebook and they look pretty good.
    • Sunday I went boating, then shopping, and then Courtney came over and we went on a night bike ride on a nearby bike trail and road to the High Tresle Bridge near Madrid, IA.
Credit: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151169990297564.544377.111915757563&type=3http://www.photographybybecca.com/

Some of the walkers

Courtney and I

The bridge

Courtney and I again

  • The following weekend my dad's parents had celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary so we had a little party for them and also took family pictures on that side. We haven't had pictures taken on that side for probably 10 years. The party was fun I served coffee and helped with the cake a bit. I stole some pictures for the family pictures that my uncle had on his facebook page. We haven't seen any of the proofs yet.
Grandkids
Whole family


My Family

  • After family pictures I headed to Des Moines for Deb's bachelorette party. We went to the Funny Bone, and then some bars in West Glen and downtown. It was fun and there were some crazy people that we saw out.
Deb and I

  • The rest of my summer has been spent reading (I'll write a post tomorrow about what books I've read), watching movies, running with my mom and brother (we're doing the couch to 5k running plan), biking, and rollerblading
  • It's been a nice relaxing summer so far and it's always nice to not have classes to go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment