Sunday, April 24, 2011

2nd Annual Night Easter Egg Hunt

*Just a warning that there is picture overload on this blog*

This weekend I went home for Easter and it was really good. I enjoyed being with my family. Semi-bonding with my brother on the drive home even though he mostly watched a tv show. I also practiced vitals on all of my family members today which they all really enjoyed. On Saturday we went to Holstein and visited my great-grandpa. He's doing ok. He sleeps most of the time, but we were able to talk with him for a bit so that was good.

When I got back on Saturday I got ready for the 2nd Annual Night Easter Egg Hunt. Last year I had the idea to have an Easter Egg Hunt with my friends. They all showed up later than expected so it was dark by the time we hid the eggs so it turned into a night hunt. It was quite difficult last year with the dark and our cell phone lights to help us find the eggs. This year I planned it to be at night so I had everyone bring flashlights. It was much easier to find the eggs with flashlights. I think there were only about 3 eggs that weren't found. [1 was discovered this morning, the other 2 are still missing in the yard]. Anyway each person gets a bag filled with 18 eggs that are all the same color they hide those eggs. Then we draw a color and have to find that color. Here are the pictures of the evening:
Jamie, Deb, and Aaron getting ready for the hunt

Excited for the hunt..

Angela and Tara also ready

Deb and Tara searching

Found an egg

Tara and Angela searching

Jamie found an egg

Deb and Tara again

Looking for my last egg [Jamie hid it well]

There it is!

Opening the eggs

Angela's excited about all the wonderful candy and her gold coin

Showing off the treats

Jamie's new hair accessory

It was nice to hang out with some of my friends from home last night. I love keeping in touch with them all and hearing about their lives. We didn't have quite enough time to really get into what we're all up to, but it was still good. It was fun to reminiscence about the high school and middle school days and all the random things that we did. I always wish I kept in better touch with these girls, but its always great to see them when we're all home from breaks. Even though the candy was a little sketch I still think that everyone had fun! I'm sure they're all excited for next years night hunt, maybe we'll even be able to find them all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment