Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Night of Unity

Yesterday was A Night of Unity on Drake's campus. You can go over to my friend Michelle's blog to read all about the idea, planning, etc. that went into the night. I just thought I would write a bit on it and so some of it may overlap.

I thought this was just a great time for all of the Christian's on campus to get together. Through my 3 years now involved in Intervarsity on campus I've heard a variety of students stay something about how they wish that there would be more unity on campus with the Christian organizations on campus. When Michelle came to me with this idea after spring break. I thought it was a great idea, but I wasn't sure if it would ever happen since I've heard about these ideas before. I agreed to help get it going though. Michelle made the facebook group, we set a meeting date, and I really think God took it from there. Everything seemed to go together very well and we really didn't do all that much. We discussed during the planning that things seemed to be coming together a little too well. We then decided for sure that God was helping us every step of the way. I was amazed at the number of people that came when we just started planning at the beginning of April and the facebook event was made last week sometime.  I was also amazed because schools getting busy now and its relays week, but people still wanted to come together to worship God.







From watching the groups do the human knot and then have some discussion it seems like people were really enjoying meeting everyone and talking about being a Christian on campus. I loved having the outside perspective of watching each group interact with each other.

I think my favorite part of the night was the speakers and then the worship at the end of the night. I loved how people from each of the 3 large Christian organizations on campus came together to just worship God and lead the worship as well.





I also loved planning the event with people from each organization and getting to know these people better. Overall God is great and we were all challenged to be lights on campus! I hope that nights like this can continue into next year and can become a common occurrence on our campus. 
Afterall, "How Good and Pleasant It Is When God's People Live Together In Unity."

No comments:

Post a Comment