Thursday, August 22, 2013

Friday Fives

This will be my last Friday Five post from India, which is really crazy. It's still hard to believe that I am leaving Loni today at 4 pm (India time) to start my traveling adventure back home to Iowa and will arrive in Des Moines Saturday at 7:40 pm as long as all of the flights are as scheduled. It's been a wonderful experience and over the next couple days I will post about my last week as well as what I learned from India as well as any other random thoughts that I have as I reflect on the 8 weeks I was here.


  1. Spending this week hanging out with all of the wonderful people that I met in India. I spent more time this week talking with the interns from the west coast and so that was fun. I really enjoy talking with all of them. I also spent more time with Tanvi and enjoyed all of that time as well.
  2. Getting mehndi done on Monday night and talking about India with the women who did an amazing job doing it for us.
  3. Trying out new types of Indian food this week. We went to two new restaurants that we hadn't been before and had some really good food. We were wondering why we hadn't discovered them earlier.
  4. Getting to go home. I really enjoyed my time in India, but I am also ready for the comforts of home.
  5. The great opportunity that I had to do one of my rotations in India. I have met some amazing people, learned a lot about another culture, and have just enjoyed living in an unfamiliar place and discovering more about myself these past 8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment