Saturday, February 26, 2011

Road Trip

Today, myself and two other girls in my sorority, Michelle and Nikki,  went to my hometown...the birthplace of Kum and Go.
After going into Kum and Go, getting some Go Kups, snacks, (a hot dog for Michelle), and walking around the building looking for this sign. We took a couple pictures with it and then stopped by the first Kum and Go's in Hampton and took some pictures by them. Then I gave them both a driving tour of Hampton, which was very exciting!
We took some pictures in front of the court house during our tour and looked at a few shops on Main Street. Then we went back to my house, had some snacks and crafted. We each drew names and crafted a collage for the person we drew. It was super secret who each of us had ;) Anyway it turned out very successfully and we each made very nice collages.


Then we found a bunch of random pictures, quotes, etc. from the magazines and made random collages, which we found funny for friends back at Drake. We then had some supper with my parents, which was nice to have a home-cooked meal. Then we headed back to good old Drake for a very nice road trip.

Overall, I think the day was pretty successful. They got to see my hometown and we made wonderful crafts together. It's so nice to take a break from school every once in a while and just hang out with people without the pressure of needed to do homework right there. I also enjoyed seeing my parents, even if it was only for a short time. I would recommend that every college student take at least a day a week to not do any homework and just do something fun. Whether it's crafting, watching a movie, talking to people, etc. I think it's a very refreshing thing to do! Hope everyone has a great night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment