Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sisters


Yesterday I spent a lot of time with my sisters. It was Katelin's birthday dinner so we went to El Rodeo, which was fun. It was really nice to just have dinner with my friends and to see everyone. I had some fried ice cream, which was delicious.

After dinner I got back to the house and a bunch of girls were over watching the movie "Center Stage". I sat with them and did some homework, while trying to watch the movie. I haven't seen this movie since probably middle school so it was fun to watch it again in a large group. I love it when people come over the house to hang out.

After that Michelle invited me to share highs and lows and do a little devotion with herself and Sarah, along with Sarah's sister Michelle who was here for the weekend. It was a great end to my night to talk to these girls and have real conversations about how we feel about relationships with friends, God, etc. We discussed how there are so many times in our lives when we just have superficial relationships with our friends and with God. A lot of it overlapped with what we talked about on Thursday night in small group. How in order for you to have real relationships with people you need to be vulnerable. This is true with our relationship with God as well as our earthy relationships. 

As I reflect on our conversations and my day yesterday I really want to be real with all of the people in my life. I think that it's very important to actually find out what's going on in their lives and actually care about the answer to the questions, 'How are you?'. Also after last night I realized how blessed I am to have sisters at school and at home. Seeing the relationship between Michelle and Sarah also reminded me of my own relationship with my sister. I also feel blessed to be close to her and that she comes to visit me. Even though I wish she would come to Drake so we could have college years to bond. I know that we'll still always be close, which I love!

1 comment: