Friday, June 28, 2013

India

I'm all packed to head to India tomorrow. I was going to take a picture of what my bags looked like, but decided that it looked exactly the same as my luggage picture from when I went to Ethiopia so you can check that out if you are interested in what my suitcases look like (except this time I don't have the smaller suitcase).

I believe my bag is exactly 50 lbs after having to take out some clothing that I didn't think was necessary and putting some food into my carry on.  I'll be flying out from Des Moines to Mumbai with stops in Chicago and Munich. It will be about 21 hours of travel all together so it will be tons of fun. It honestly shouldn't be that bad since I'll be with Courtney so I will have someone to talk to.

While I'm in India I will do my best to update this blog as much as I can and when I remember. I'm still not 100% sure what we will be doing over the 8 weeks that I am there. I know that I will be staying at Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences in Loni. We are staying with other international students and eating and doing most of our activities on campus. I will also be getting a certificate in social medicine and doing some clinical things as part of my rotation. There will be 4 other Drake students with me the full 8 weeks and 2 more students joining us for the last 4 weeks.

It's crazy that I'm actually going to India and still doesn't feel like I will be there so soon. I'm feeling more excited than nervous so I'm feeling good about that.

Here's a couple of pictures from google maps of where Loni is located in India so you can get an idea if you are interested in the location.

The red A is Loni

Here's the distance between Mumbai and Loni

No comments:

Post a Comment