Sunday, June 26, 2011

Des Moines Arts Festival

Today the Nikki's and I decided to go to the Des Moines Arts Festival during the early afternoon. We started our day by taking a picture in front of the sign.
Then we walked around the festival and saw a lot of really neat art work. If I had money or a place to put a lot of the paintings, etc. I would want to buy some. There were also a large section of kids activities that looked like a lot of fun. Here's a couple of the pictures of artwork that I liked.

There was also a little stand by kashi where you learned more about the brand and also got to try samples of kashi brand and burts bees products. We each got a wristband, which you had to scan at the different stations and then at the end you got a little gift. The gift was a reusable bag full of samples and coupons. It was really nice and we were all fans.
Overall, it was a good day at the arts festival it's activities like this that I'm really glad that I'm in Des Moines for the summer. I think next year I'll probably want to go back and look around-possibly a little longer. Here's a picture that is proof that Nikki M was also there because she took the first picture of us and I forgot to get any other pictures of her so she's nicely modeling our gifts.
After that we came home and tanned for a bit on our back deck. Then I went into work and guarded for about 20 minutes before it started to lightening and thunder. We then had to try and wait it out, but it continued so I went home early.


No comments:

Post a Comment