Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"You know who you look like? My grandma Rose"

I've now spent quite a bit of time at the pool. I've actually lifeguarded about 2 1/2 times and then had 1 1/2 days of going into work waiting an hour and then having the pool close. So far I've enjoyed the pool. It's quite a bit different from the Hampton swimming pool. There are lots of people that come when it's nice out as well as there are about 25 guards that work each day.

I still haven't really made many friends. I do now know quite a few more people and have actually talked with them more. It's hard working somewhere when you're the only one not from the area and everyone else knows at least one other person.

This week swimming lessons started so that has helped me get to know some of these guards. I'm enjoying teaching the lessons. I teach 2 different sessions one is level 3 kids and the other is advanced water pups (so kids under 5). They are actually all ok swimmers and I just have a couple of kids that are scared of the water. Today I had to take a little girl to the bathroom during the session that I was on break and the girl told me that I looked like her grandma Rose. I'm still not sure exactly how to take this statement. Most of the time recently I've been told that I look like I'm in high school. I guess to this 5 year old though I appeared to be her grandma.

I hope that the next few days end up being nice so I can work on my tan and wondeful lifeguard tanning lines ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment