Saturday, June 4, 2011

Snookies

What is a great treat on a hot summer day?? Ice cream of course. We decided to go on a little walk to Snookie's Ice Cream in Des Moines to get some ice cream on Thursday. It's about a mile walk there and then we got our ice cream and walked back.

I love going to hometown ice cream shops over chain stores like DQ or McDonalds, etc. Not that I don't like a good blizzard or McFlurry on occasion, but given the choice of a shake where I can pick the flavors I will do that every time.

Thursday I decided that a chocolate shake with peanut butter sounded good. It might be the only thing that I've had at snookies-but it's really good. Next time I think I'm going to try a crunch cone.

Anyway I'm really enjoying summer so far and the random adventures that we've been going on throughout Des Moines like zoo brew, snookies, etc.

Right now our house if very warm so it's nice to get out and do other things every once in a while.

Here are some pics of our snookie's adventure:



No comments:

Post a Comment