Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A sister comes to town

Late Friday night the one and only Carina Hanson came to Des Moines to visit me for the weekend. It was a good visit and I love spending time with her and chatting with her. Friday night we watched a little tv and then went to my room and caught up on each other lives for a while and it was lovely. On Saturday while the Nikki's did yoga in the park...
Carina and I took a lap around Gray's Lake and then decided to rest while they finished up and do a mini photo shoot. The pics of Carina are her modeling and the one of me is her sneak attack.




After our little visit to Gray's we went to the Farmer's Market. I was very excited as I hadn't been to the market this summer and normally I would have been a few times without actually living in Des Moines.  It was pretty crowded as we walked around looking at things. I ended up buying some tomatoes [they ended up being SUPER good]. I also got a dutch letter and a breakfast burrito.

After the market we went home and all showered. Then Carina, Nikki M, and myself went to Jordan Creek and did a little shopping. I ended up buying a shirt from the Gap that was on sale and Carina bought a ton of new things included glitter toms. Nikki L met us at the mom and we continued our shopping adventure before going to the moving Something Borrowed. I liked the movie [the book of course is better, but the movie was still good].

We went home and grilled some brats and had some more food. Then Carina and I watched Mean Girls 2 with Lindsay. This of course is another quality movie. Then we went to bed and Carina left in the morning as she had to work at the pool.

I really enjoyed her visit here and can't wait until Sat. when she comes along with my mom and grandma and we all go to the Farmer's Market and then Body World!!

No comments:

Post a Comment