Sunday, June 5, 2011

Grilling


Well I've now done something else that I consider grown up. On Friday I went out and bought a little grill. Then when I got home I got some chicken that I marinaded and also some peppers. Then I also made some hamburger patties to put in the freezer. I felt very grown up as I did both of these things. I also put the grill together after getting the meat ready to go.

Then after work I got out the grill and started lighting the charcoal. I only needed a little help from my dad on the phone-as I couldn't quite figure out how to light the charcoal and keep it lit. With his expertise I then got it going. I then cooked 3 chicken breasts for my supper. I ate one of the chicken breast along with the peppers and parmesan cheese and raspberries. The other 2 chicken breasts I put in the refrigerator for later use.


On Saturday I decided to try and grill hamburgers. I still have more to learn about grilling burgers. I didn't let the charcoal light long enough and get ashy so it took a long time to get the burgers cooked. Also I've been using the lid, which I think makes it more of a smoker. The burgers had more of a charcoaly taste and weren't that good.

This summer I plan on perfecting my grilling so that by the end of the summer I can grill up a storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment