Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Family Day

Saturday morning my mom, grandma, and Carina came to pick me up so we could head to the farmer's market. It was good to see my family again and as always great to walk around the market. We tried a variety of foods as we slowly walked downtown. First we tried some Bosnian food (I believe that's what it was anyway). It was ok, but not super good-mostly just tasted like the bread.
Then we were tried a spinach and cheese pupusa from el salvador I believe. I always read Iowa Girl Eats blog and she always says how good they are from the farmers market so I said we should try it. The four of us also shared this and it was really good.

Then we of course had to sample some great harvest bread, peanut butter, and other random things. I also bought a dutch letter to eat later as well.

My grandma also bought some plants otherwise we just bought food. My mom and grandma of course also had to look at all the jewelry and some clothes at a couple of the vendors. Carina and I judged the outfits from a far.

After the market my mom, Carina, and I walked to the science center for Body Worlds Vital. This is an traveling exhibit that is currently in Des Moines. It is donated bodies that have been preserved so you can see the nerves, muscles, bones, etc. It was so cool. We spent almost 2 hours going through the exhibit and looking at all the different body parts as well as reading the information. This is an exhibit that I would definitely recommend you go and see especially if you're interested in health care, etc. As Carina and I have both taken anatomy we really enjoyed seeing these body parts in real life-not in an animal or a picture. We couldn't take photos inside the exhibit, which kind of stunk, but we took one outside of it next to the sign.
Then my grandma picked us up [she had been shopping in east village as she didn't think she would enjoy the exhibit] and we went to valley west mall. There we went to Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale and got a few things. Carina and I went to a variety of different stores-I ended up buying shorts at american eagle. My grandma and mom also went to other random stores and bought some clothes.

After our little shopping trip they took me back to my house. Carina had to work at the pool in the evening so they had to leave. Overall it was a good day! I would again recommend you go and see body worlds vital while it's still in Des Moines!

No comments:

Post a Comment